For more than 20 years AMANDUS KAHL has been active in the conditioning of waste tyres and supplies plants all over the world - from intake to packaging. Waste tyres offer a particularly high recycling potential. In material recycling, the waste tyres are crushed and granulated.
The central part of the waste tyre granulation unit is our flat die press. However, its task in this field is not the compaction of various bulk products. Instead, our flat die press is used as a crushing machine for the recycling of waste tyres and works according to the pan grinder principle. For this reason, it is also called pan grinder mill. The pelleting elements such as pan grinder rollers and die exert a combined shearing and cutting impact on the product to be processed. The result is the desired separation of the waste tyre into rubber, textile and steel.
Applications and Advantages
- Reduced investment and operating costs in comparison to cryogenic processes
- Reduced machine expenditure and energy input
- Reduced operating costs
- Reduced noise emission
- Cutting granulators are not required
- Long service life of the granulation tools with approx. 5,000 t of waste tyre shreds per tool set
- Rapid change of wear parts
- Ease of maintenance of plant components
- No process waste due to optimum material recycling
- High content of fine rubber particles (optional)
- Large surface of the crumbs
- High purity (rubber/steel)
- High proceeds from final products