As the name suggests, the KAHL fabric belt drier is characterised by a tightly woven plastic fabric belt, which does not only dry the product but also filters the exhaust air to ensure that the legal limit value for dust fibres in the exhaust air is below the threshold value. Measurements by independent institutions have proven that the value is below the limit value - the average value was even far below half the permitted value. Discontinuous automatic cleaning of the belt avoids clogging of the belt openings with wood particles.
The product supply system allows the supply of a uniform layer of product to be dried, even if the input material and the throughput capacities vary. The product is turned over in the drier by means of specially adapted devices so that a very uniform final moisture content of the product is obtained. On-line moisture measurements of the product can help you ensure that the drier is always operated optimally in terms of energy.
Our fabric belt dryers can be manufactured in a belt width of 4 or 6 metres. The belt length for the most effective drying is between 11 and 45 metres.
Applications and Advantages
- Use of a special plastic fabric belt which simultaneously serves as an exhaust air filter
- Gentle drying by means of hot air
- Individual adaptation to the desired product with adaptation to throughput
- Requiring very low inlet air temperatures of less than 120°C, the fabric belt drier is particularly suitable to be operated with waste heat from cogeneration.
- Monitoring of the entire operation and process
- Easy to maintain construction