The ESEP was developed for the simple control of our annular gap expander and now contains more than twelve years of process and automation knowledge. It consists of two essential components - the switch cabinet with Siemens PLC S7 and the PC-based visualization and operating station.
The actual control and regulation of the process takes place at the switch cabinet. Therefore, the cabinet should be close to the machine. The visualization and operating station represents the interface to the operator and is implemented using Windows and Intouch (Wonderware).
The entire process is displayed at the operating station - up to three expander lines can be monitored. Communication between the PLC control and the PC is via Ethernet, which enables the HMI to be installed independently in the control room.
The ESEP represents a fully integrated solution for the operation of the annular gap expander which, apart from the pure automation tasks, also supports the requirements of modern production management. Besides this, a variant specially optimised for use with the KAHL extruder OEE and the crown expander is also available.
Applications and Advantages:
- Full automation of the complete expander line
- Constant product quality at high throughput
- Low manpower requirements
- Visualization of up to three lines on one PC
- Improved monitoring of the production process
- High availability due to the use of proven quality components
- High process flexibility, adjustable and extensible without any problems
- Rapid and economic commissioning
- Field bus system saves installation costs