The expander technology is one of the best and most comprehensive conditioning methods for compound feed and individual components. The KAHL crown expander OEK facilitates the processing of feed mixtures.
At the expander outlet, the pressure drops spontaneously. The product expands, and a part of the added water evaporates (flash evaporation). Post-drying is often not required. The size of the expanded product can be determined with knife/die.
The SME control with hydraulically adjustable cone ensures a significant improvement of the flexibility of expansion. Contrary to traditional pelleting, coarse particles remain coarse with the KAHL crown expander. Combined with low energy consumption, the crown expander OEK allows high throughputs. The thick-walled mixing tube is equipped with replaceable liners and cantilevered shaft provided with proportioning, mixing and kneading elements.
Applications and Advantages:
- By using an expander you increase the capacity of the downstream pelleting press. Existing expanders can be easily modified to crown expanders. You will also benefit from the following advantages:
- Increase of pellet quality
- Increase of economic efficiency of compound feed production and reduction of costs
- Higher press capacity
- Use of components which are difficult to process
- Addition of large quantities of liquids such as molasses, fat, fishsolubles or vinasse
- Intensity of kneading, product heating and energy intake continuously controllable and programmable during operation
- Pressure up to 40 bar
- Operating temperatures at expander outlet between 90 and 140°C
- Elimination of pathogenic germs such as salmonellae or moulds
- Influence on pellet hardness and fines
- The use of expanders promotes starch modification in grain components